This course will be split up into 7 parts.
Part 1: The 3 Financial Statements
- In order to become great at financial analysis you need to be able to read the 3 financial statements, which are the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Cash Flow Statement.
- We will cover these extensively and prepare flashcards for you so that you can ace the quiz at the end of each section (yes, there will be a quiz! But don't worry, if you memorize the terms, it won't be difficult).
Part 2: The Financial Ratios
- This will be split into 3 sections
- Liquidity and Leverage
- Efficiency and Profitability
- These ratios will enable you to do some more analysis on top of the financial statement foundation you built from Part 1.
Part 3: Working Together
- In this part, we go into more detail about how the financial statements work together so we can have a more in-depth understanding of them.
- This section will be more advanced, but we know you can do it if you're diligent in Parts 1 & 2.
Part 4: Data Collection
- This is a very underrated part of financial analysis. If you don't even know where to find the information, how are you supposed to analyze it? We think that too few people even teach this so we are going to teach you everything you need to know so that you can do a great job of this.
- We didn't start with this part because we wanted you to know the terms and have context before knowing where to find them.
Part 5: Examples
- Here we'll go over more examples so you will have additional context to understand the concepts more fully.
- Don't worry, we'll be with you every step along the way.
Part 6: Modeling
- This is advanced so it is our last official part. We will be going over earnings models and discounted cash flow models with additional examples.
Part 7: Putting It All Together
- This is a conclusion for the financial analysis, along with a few neat surprises. Enjoy!